What are explainer videos? And why should I have one?

Explainer videos (also known as homepage, landing or overview videos) are often the first touchpoint for your audience. The goal is to identify and resonate with a problem while providing a solution.

When used effectively, a custom explainer video has the power to give your brand, product, or service a unique identity. More importantly, an animated explainer video can help convey the specific message you want your brand or product to represent.

Client Feature: O-Valet

What can I do with an explainer video?

Depending on your product, service or cause an explainer video will often be used at the top of the funnel(the consideration phase).

A well-executed video can also have the ability to drive awareness, especially when combined with paid ad-spend or a well-structured PR campaign.

Client Feature: Saint Elizabeth Healthcare

What makes your videos different?

Our favourite form of competition is no competition at all. Through a combination of creative intuition and data-driven decisions we work to develop a video that not only looks better than your competition but fits your brand and has a higher conversion rate.  

Here is some of our most recent work.

The first 3 seconds.

Unfortunately, the romanticism of advertising is wearing off and we refuse to hold on to the nostalgia of Mad Men. We live in a world where you have 3 seconds to capture someone’s attention, and the decision of the first 3 seconds shouldn’t be arbitrary.

We utilize our 3x3 testing strategy for the first 5% so that people actually watch the remaining 95%.

What is the Vanquished Media process?

Below is a rough skeleton of our process to create high-converting animated explainer videos.

Considering we work in a very collaborative way throughout the whole process, this may be switched, hacked and altered to fit your organization’s structure and project timeline.

Concept and Strategy


Styleframe / Storyboard



Full Animation

3x3 Testing

Sound and Music

Using Animated Explainer Videos to Effectively Grow Your Blockchain Startup

By: Zachary Murray

There you are, sitting at your desk, working on your upcoming startup. You head out for a drink to catch a break and everyone you know is asking questions about your new business, trying to capture just a piece of your genius.

Read the Blog

Top 11 Reasons Why Animated Explainer Videos Help Your Business

By: Zachary Murray

If you're looking for the best way to represent your business and introduce your audience to some of the key features of your product or service - Animated Explainer Videos are the perfect choice for you.

Read the Blog

Are you ready to tell your story with animation?

We would love to help. Fill out the form below, tell us a bit about your project.

We have received your message and will get back to you ASAP.
Oops! Something went terribly wrong.